Monday 24 January 2011

24/1/11 - Basic environment modelling

Here is my first initial ideas of my environment for my game. The style for the human race for modelling is futuristic and therefore I have drawn energy pylons that would create a force field for the city. I have also drawn simple drawing of the buildings that will be in my city. I have also drawn a basic drawing of a fusion reactor in the middle of the city as the main source of power for the city.


After i had drawn my basic concept art i created a height map on photoshop that will be used to make the basic layout for my environment. When a height map is made, the colour is very important. If you use a colour brighter then the background colour on 3ds max the terrain will be raised. If the colour is darker then the background colour then on 3ds max the terrain will be lowered.

Here is my basic environment made on 3ds max. I used the modifier displace and used my height map that i created on photoshop to create my basic shape. I then strengthened the displacement to a positive number to make the terrain more raised.

No comments:

Post a Comment