Monday 7 February 2011

07/02/2011 - Continuation of modelling the character face

Today I started work on my character face again after creating a basic 3D environment and planned my environment. I have been following the joan of arc tutorial so far to create my character head and I am reaching now to the point where fine detail is needed and a lot of time spent moving vertices. Here is a screenshot after extruding the edges from the eyes to create the cranium, paying close attention to both the front and left views that I use to make sure the vertices where going into the right place. I then extruded down from where the ear would be on my character to create the jaw outline. I then fiddled around with the positions of the vertices to create the outline shown above. Then I went to work on the nose seeing how it was the next part in the tutorial it seemed right. I simply used the cut tool to create new lines between edges to add more detail to the area and again a lot of vertex moving.
Here is where I am at currently on my model of the character's head. I have added a mesh smooth modifier and mirrored the model to show you how it would it would look if I was to use it in a game. As you can see there is still the mouth to complete, more detail around the eyes and model a neck and ears. In the screenshot above I am showing how I have completed the nose to high detail including a minor extrusion of the nose to create the nosetrels. I am currently working on the mouth of the character and will complete this outside of class.

No comments:

Post a Comment