Monday 14 March 2011

28/02/2011 - Started work on prop model

Today I started work on my 3D prop and I decided to create a sword that can be held by my character when animating. To create this sword I started off by using the joan of arc tutorial to create their sword however I looked at the final outcome and I did not like it and it wouldn't fit with the style of our game specified at the start of the production process. Therefore I used my own method of modelling to create this sword however I used the 2D template of the sword from the joan of arc tutorial to give me a basic outline of a sword. I decided to create the sword in parts and then attach the parts together at the end. I did this to make it easier to texture and also so that I could move certain parts of the sword and edit them easily. Next lessson I will finish off the basic model of the sword so that it is ready for texturing.

No comments:

Post a Comment